Frequently Asked Questions
- Sneak-A-Peek 3D/4D Ultrasound Inc allow parents and families to get a sneak peek of your baby’s features and movements. Watching your unborn child’s expressions and face is magical.These amazing images help you and your family to bond with your precious little one.We have the latest technology that allows you to view your baby during a relaxed, personalized, and unique non-diagnostic ultrasound, creating a special moment you and your family can share. We also, offer Heartbeat Animals that allow you to record your baby’s heartbeat and keep forever.
- Q. What is 3D/4D ultrasound?
A. 3D/4D ultrasound provides surface depth to the images obtained. As far as ultrasound is concerned, 3D/4D is the latest ultrasound technology. It takes three-dimensional ultrasound images and adds the element of time to the process. This allows you to see your unborn baby in amazing real time detail so that your baby’s movement can be captured in life-like 3-D images.
- Q. Is there any risk to me or my baby?
A. Over the last 30 years, ultrasound studies have been conducted and have not shown any harm caused to mother or baby. In the United States, it is now accepted and normal to have routine scans. Complicated or high-risk pregnancies often require multiple ultrasounds. 3D/4D ultrasound is the same intensity as conventional 2D. Ultrasound works by sound waves that enter the body through the transducer that is placed on the mother’s abdomen. The generated echo is what creates the images you see.
- Q. What is the best time in pregnancy to have a 3D/4D ultrasound?
A. Before 26 weeks, babies have a more skeletal appearance. Therefore, we recommend that you schedule your 3D/4D experience between 26 and 34 weeks (24-28 weeks is the best time for twins) to obtain the best image of your babies face. Successful 3D/4D imaging depends upon your baby’s position, size, fluid and movement. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee image quality due to these factors. To increase the quality of your pictures, it is recommended you drink lots of water (a gallon/day) the week before your appointment.
- Q. Will this 3D/4D ultrasound take the place of my scheduled diagnostic ultrasound?
A. No. This is an optional service and does not replace any of your prenatal care. You must presently be under the care of a provider to take advantage of this service.
- Q. Do you accept medical insurance?
A. 3D/4D is a non-diagnostic service and will not be covered by your insurance. The patient is responsible for payment at time of service. We accept cash, MasterCard and Visa.
- Q. Do I need an appointment?
A. Yes, please call our office at 336-247-5141 to schedule an appointment several days in advance. We do accept same day appointments, but we will require a $20 deposit to book your appointment. This booking fee will go toward your package. This $20 is non-refundable and can not be transferred to another date IF you do not show up for your appointment or are over 10 min late for your appointment time.
- Q. May I invite my friends and family to attend?
A. Yes, we can accommodate guest and encourage you to bring family members and older siblings. This experience is a great bonding moment between family members. We have several toys available to help entertain young children as well.
- Q. What if my baby is uncooperative and we are not able to obtain high quality images?
A. We make every effort to obtain high quality images. However, sometimes the baby is not in a favorable position and we are not able to satisfactorily obtain the images desired. We do offer one free rescan at the discretion of the technician if images are not obtained. Please note, rescans will not be offered if you are earlier than 15 weeks or after 35 weeks.